Howdy,

I suppose you validate your feed and you get a warning with relative urls. Actually, if you correctly developed your feed, it's ok. Anyway, there are various agregators which support differently rss, atom and Mr Smith version feeds, and to be shure every user will access the correct resources, it's better to use rigid absolute urls.

Last time I was linked by a WSG member to an article to choose one format per feed. I got the chance to cross Matt Mullenweg thanks to Wordpress mailing lists. To resume, the topic is not so easy. Anyway, I'm considering to use one format per feed for my platform, the RSS 1.0 version the W3C is using for his own website. I viewed Alistapart and WSG use RSS 2.0. I don't want to ask what do you think about it, but which one would be the best appropriate to promote standards, from an objective point of view ?

Cheers,

Pierre-Henri Lavigne
Cell Phone: +33618753267
http://www.getphuture.com

Some exist through what they do...
We exist through what we are

Sarah Peeke (XERT) wrote:
3. RSS feed requirements
Is it true that RSS requires the use of absolute urls?

Many thanks for any assistance.
Sarah