On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 04:39:32PM -0400, Kenny Graham wrote:
> markup is equivalent to putting your font, text color, background,
> etc, into markup.  Both make those attributes impossible to change in
> the CSS (which makes alternate/user stylesheets REALLLLLY fun).

Are user style sheets normally applied on a per site basis? The normal
methods for setting them are global, and I suspect it would be rather
hard to write a generic stylesheet for blocking image replacement
techniques.

At least with regular images a user can turn them off and get the alt
text (which can be styled in at least some browsers, Firefox being the
test case I just ran though).

The best way to deal with the problem is to not use images of text at
all.