TomGou wrote:
I'm not a CSS newbie, and not a CSS Pundit either. What I'd like to know, is there anything inherently wrong with using percentages for a three column floated layout?

Say my outermost container is 720px wide, is it problematic if the column div widths are 23%, 52%, and 25% -TIA
There is nothing inherently wrong with using pixels, ems, or percent for a three column float layout. And there are variations using combinations. Percent layouts used with positive and negative margins are often stable, robust, and work well cross-browser. They are sometimes enclosed in a pixel width wrapper, a min/max pixel width wrapper, or various combinations of pixel, em, and percent wrappers. The method that is best is the one that solves the problem at hand.
Best,
~dL

--
http://chelseacreekstudio.com/