Christian Montoya wrote:
On 10/17/06, John Faulds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
With the public release of IE7 nearly on us I'm just wondering whether
it's better to download the fix to stop IE7 installing via automatic
update and continue to use IE7 as a standalone, or let IE7 replace IE6 and
then install a standalone for IE6.

What would be the pros and cons of each method?

I have a hunch (just a hunch) that the standalone of IE 6 will be more
stable than that of IE 7. Don't know if it's true, but if it is, then
you would probably be better off having IE 6 as a standalone.

i've never had much luck getting a standalone to work. it seems that it either replaces the current version or it does nothing at all. i'm running w2k. is there something i'm missing?

i guess i really don't have an issue with ie7, except i can't run it.

dwain