You're being afflicted by IE's 3 pixel gap and because you've got images in the left and right columns that don't give you much leeway space-wise, you may have to float the images. You'll then need to add clear: both to whatever follows. So:

#middlelefttext{
float:left;
width:298px;
color:rgb(0,0,0);
font:10pt "Trebuchet MS",Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
text-align:right;
padding:0px 5px 0px 5px;
background:rgb(255,255,255)
}
#middlerightimage{
margin-left: 298px;
background:rgb(255,255,255)
}

* html #middlerightimage img { float: right; } /* IE only - better included via IE conditional comments */

#bottom-brwn-bar{
clear: both;
height:42px;
font:7pt "Trebuchet MS",Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
text-align:right;
color:rgb(117,86,76);
line-height:14pt;
background:url(css-images/bottom-brwn-bar.gif)
}