On Oct 31, 2006, at 3:36 PM, Gav.... wrote:

What difference does it make if you used

'list-style-type: decimal'

Instead.

Gav, I am glad you asked. So I changed back to UL and added "'list- style-type: decimal' to see if it makes any difference, only did I find out the list-style: decimal does work for increasing number but the left margin value causing the problem.

Please see this page here:
http://new.marinersq.com/html/aerobics.html,
You will see the first f digit starts from tenth is missing. Depending on what browser your view, you may see part of the number. In Safari, it's totally gone; with Gecko based browsers, I can see a tiny bit.

What was happening was that I had the left margin set to 24px with ' "Trebuehet", Arial, san serif" and the first digit was missing. With Mike's suggestion, I changed to OL, also changed the left margin to 35px and the font to Georgia so I thought it works.

You can use Firefox Developer tool, edit CSS to change the left margin to bigger value to see the effect.

Is this how it works or the margin/padding values for the floated box div causing it?

tee