On 11/10/06, Barney Carroll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Matthew Pennell wrote:
> I believe Safari has some issues with certain _javascript_/Ajax
> implementations, maybe? Or maybe they only had earlier versions to test
> on and couldn't get the site to work in 1.2...

Safari's _javascript_ support is very patchy, to the extent where you can
no longer rely on functionality degrading gracefully if you have heavy
functional implementation of js.

I also get the impression that there is a bit of an unspoken culture of
"I built this up nice and clean to work in Firefox, and then I worked my
fingers to the bone getting it to work in IE because it's the
majorities' browser... Safari can fuck off".

Regards,
Barney

I've noticed that much of the AJAX stuff in gmail doesn't show in Safari either, so there's probably something going on there.

~eys