Hi all,

On the subject of opening new windows (which I am also opposed to), how
should a "report broken link" be configured?

My thinking is that if someone bothers to take the time to report a
broken link, we should make it as easy as possible for them to do so.

Opening a new window allows them to still view the page with the broken
link so that they can describe what/where the link is on the page. If
they are directed to a new page to report the link instead, it would be
difficult for them to remember all the relevant details.

Does anyone have experience with broken link reporting? Do users ever
report them? If so, is it general practice to merely report what page
the error is on, or do users usually provide more details?

Thankyou
Sarah
--
XERT Communications
email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<http://www.xert.com.au/>
web development : digital imaging : dvd production