Dwain Alford wrote:
> ah ha, onclick.  i like that.  so i guess i go borrow your code?  is
> there js involved?  there doesn't seem to be any here, yes?

Yes, it is needed to reveal the sub-menus, and to create the "skip links",
but it is unobtrusive and it degrades well (the menu expands if there is no
script support).
But I wouldn't use this solution; I wrote this script to show how to "help"
keyboard users to go through links that are positionned "off" the viewport.
But such menus create lot of "noise" for screenreader users.
What you can do is use the vertical dropdown approach [1] but styling the
whole think vertically; that way you'd end up with an accessible accordeon
menu.
The script would not change, the markup either, it's just a matter of
editing the stylesheet.
Remove the float declaration from the #TJK_dropDownMenu li {...} rule,
remove padding and position declarations from the #TJK_dropDownMenu li ul
{...} rule and you'll see that you're half way there :)

> thanks, this is a terrific solution and i think it works better for
> me.

Thanks, I'm glad you find it useful.

[1] http://tjkdesign.com/articles/keyboard_friendly_dropdown_menu/

---