At 1/5/2007 04:10 PM, Kevin McMonagle wrote:
what is it that makes non ie browsers put an indent of some kind on a vertical unordered navigation list?
i ve cleared all the padding and margins. seems to be about 35 pixels.
heres an example-still rough dont slag me for anything else on the page.
http://208.106.200.54/

After a quick look at your CSS, I don't see that you're clearing the padding on the UL element, just the LIs.

Every browser has a default stylesheet that determines, for example, that head elements don't display. Many of us "zero out" or "reset" style defaults at the beginning of a stylesheet to bring browsers to the same starting line. You can google [css global reset] and find a lot of resources such as http://leftjustified.net/journal/2004/10/19/global-ws-reset/ It's worth mentioning that some folks object to clearing padding globally, as they feel it adversely affects form buttons, but clearing padding for lists specifically seems harmless enough.

Always, the CSS-D wiki is your friend: http://css-discuss.incutio.com/

Regards,

Paul Novitski

Juniper Webcraft Ltd.