Quoth Mihael Zadravec at 01/10/07 04:45...
This is realy sad... but this is the website of a Blind peopele comunnity Škofja Loka from Slovenija (where I live, but in Ljubljana...) Center slepih in slabovidnih Škofja Loka
http://www.css-sl.si/
any comments on the code, usabillity and accessability issues?

This is how the first page renders with Lynx:

CSS - Center slepih in slabovidnih kofja Loka
                                               [EMBED]

Anyone without Flash would not be able to get past this (unnecessary) first page. (On Opera Mini, on my mobile phone, I just see part of the title and a blank screen.)

As regards the Flash itself, it took me some time, waving the mouse cursor over the screen in Firefox before I found the one link in the content. This was scarcely visible on my 1680x1050 laptop display. HTML pages generally are not a problem in this respect, because I have a minimum font size set.

Having followed the link, the next page is all deprecated markup.

The text on the next page I can make bigger. However, the table-based layout does not get bigger meaning that there is very little of the larger text displayed, and that I am unable to scroll what is there.

The menu either uses a font with a shadow or is using images as text (I did not look at the source of the iframe); whatever the technique used, the effect is of blurred text which is very hard to read.

If you are looking to fix this site, I think that it would probably be quicker to start from fresh, using XHTML and CSS.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
IT Consultancy & Web Application Development
Business: http://www.kbc.net.au/
Personal: http://www.smiffysplace.com/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/smiffy