On 1/11/07, Barney Carroll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't think I'm flippant in thinking that this is standardisation gone
mad - it is at the point where designing no longer requires insight or
creativity, and simply demands mechanical processing according to
ancient presets without analysis.

Sometimes it realy looks like some of us are exaggerating and this issue
(cursor style) is like "walking on the edge"... but somehow, it should be
standardized. It is a small issue, but still it is.

I think, there is still alot of space for graphic designers to manoevre
after or before applying standards...

Do user realy care about standards? Most of them don not even know that they
exist. That is way we are here. :D

I think that the best resolution was: If changed the default style of the
button, use "pointer", if not changed, and buttons style is browsers default
button style, than leave it as it is.

Mihael