Hello,

I've started using CMSs not very long ago.
The first one I looked at was WordPress which has some great features. It was also easier to understand themes and I can use PHP. And there are so many plugins around I can use.

Now, I have a site that I am building in Textpattern and some of the features in it are better or easier to accomplish with it but I ran into trouble trying to understand a few things like what are the txp tags? or forms? I've looked at Textbook and text Pattern web sites and it is not as thorough as WordPress's resources.

So what I am actually is asking is would you know where I could find some more information on text Pattern especially tags and forms? and being able to have a snippet of code (like main navigation) I can have in one place and I can call on? or on having static pages?

Also, on a different note, I am developing the site on Mac Os X and I defined my links to be: example.com/name-of-post but for some reason the.htaccess file has not effect and I get a 404 page when I click on a link (which makes it harder to check my work). Would you know how to fix it?

TIA,
Elle