On 1/15/07, DJ Spark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  A client of mine has asked for a solution for their testers, to
check 'code quality' from partners. Its a big company, where, maybe,
hundreds of small to large scale apps are released every year, and
checking manually every page for wcag1.0 compliance, xhtml validity
and javascript 1.5 correcteness is simply impossible.
  We have tried TAW ( http://www.tawdis.net/ ) , and it may be a good
starting point, for the accessibility, at least. Anyone knows some
other like this one ?
 - standalone app,
 - a crawler to check every page in a given level or subdomain,
 - give me a readable report in the end
 - I'd go crazy if it permits my input in forms where needed (so it
could check the result pages of data entry)

Hi DJ,
Please have a look at the link in my sig; it may give you some of what
you ask for.

 I have researched and found nothing about ecmascript-262 validation
(or javascript 1.5 the same, i think).

My understanding is that ECMAScript defines the "core" of JavaScript
-- the variable types, function syntax, etc. It does *not* touch the
subject of the DOM, so unless your JavaScript avoids manipulating any
HTML (pretty unlikely) then you can't call it pure ECMAScript. The
JavaScript implementation in browsers is a superset of ECMAScript and
each browser family has its own dialect of JavaScript. In short, one
can't validate JavaScript because there's no formal specification for
all of the non-core functions.

Wikipedia expresses it differently and says that "ECMAScript is
supported in many applications, especially web browsers, where it's
commonly called JavaScript. Dialects typically include their own,
different standard libraries, of which some are standardized
separately – such as the W3C-specified DOM." I think the practical
implications are the same for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECMAScript

HTH

--