Can you use CSS styles instead of HTML attributes and do: border-collapse: collapse; border: 2px solid #C00 ?

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:39:42 +1000, Samuel Richardson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm building an HTML 4 Transitional layout for Firefox using tables. Before you all run screaming or hang me from the gallows I have a reason, the page is being used as an email promotion, web based email readers such as GMail
ignore float styles necessitating the use of table based layouts (oh joy!
The design is very complicated and the powers above don't want to simplify
it)

My question is; I'm using the follow to create a 2px wide red border with
padding for content

in IE this renders perfectly fine, in Firefox it adds a 3D effect to the
table border. Is there anyway of switching this off?

--

Samuel Richardson

0405 472 748 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Tyssen Design