But we're all agreed, I hope, that having an element achieve this effect
is much desired (even if it might be difficult for a machine to quickly
interpret its value) - after all, it's long been in semantic use in
human literature pre-ML. I think we're also all agreed that <separation>
is a better name for such a thing.

Separation separates something, but in case of <div
separated—by being different divs :).
If one wants to make separation more prominent—CSS is to rescue.
I can see some use of HR in "no CSS" scenario, but this is more in
theory than practice.

Regards,
Rimantas
--