Bob,

I'm not sure how hard your Captcha code is to programatically
recognise, but make sure that your not relying on sessions like this:

if($_SESSION['captcha_code'] == $_POST['user_code'])

because a robot spammer won't create a session, so its like comparing
"" to "" if they enter nothing in the "user_code"

You should do something like this:

if($_SESSION['captcha_code'] && ($_SESSION['captcha_code'] ==
$_POST['user_code'])

Failing that, try doing this little trick...

1)  When the user first loads the form, set a cookie
2)  When the form is submitted, check the cookie is there
3)  If the cookie isn't there, its a robot (or someone with cookies disabled)

James