On Feb 22, 2007, at 4:53 AM, Nisha Kumari wrote:

Hi All.

I am trying to implement internationalization for my site. But when I am
trying to enter some Hindi text in a text box (struts html:text) the
value I m getting in my action is not expected one. Getting some
corrupted value rather than Hindi entered text.

I have set charset to utf-8 in the jsp page. Do I need to do any thing
more?

Hi Nisha,

I don't know Hindi, know no JSP so can't be of help!

But something you maybe overlook. Does your Hindi text unicode? Changing the charset to utf-8 directly from the header isn't good enough, you need the document to be utf-8 encoding. In Dreamwever and BBedit, I can change that from "Preferences" or 'properity'. And the Urdu/Hindi font needs to be Unicode font. If you use PC, Vista maybe come with Unicode fonts but I am not sure about XP though.

tee