       This is a one-way list for WSG Announcements
This email covers:
- Links for light reading
- WSG and Industry events
- Industry related jobs

If you have an event, resource or relevant job you'd like posted (from any
country), please let me know - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

----------------------------------
GET CONNECTED -  LINKED/FACEBOOKED?
----------------------------------
What to connect with other WSG members?

Linkedin WSG group:
http://www.linkedin.com/groupInvitation?groupID=54560&sharedKey=13D0DC45E3AF

Facebook WSG group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2410228768

----------------------------------
LINKS FOR LIGHT READING
----------------------------------

This weeks "links for light reading" are also available here (for those who
click on the links below and find that they are broken):
<http://www.maxdesign.com.au/2008/07/02/some-links-182/>

Should Links Open In New Windows?
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/07/01/should-links-open-in-new-windows/

Collaborate and Connect with Subversion
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/collaboratewithsubversion

Getting Out of Binding Situations in JavaScript
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/getoutbindingsituations

Portable Social Networks, The Building Blocks Of A Social Web
http://www.digital-web.com/articles/portable_social_networks_building_blocks
_of_a_social_web/

Integrating Social Media into a Web Content Strategy
http://www.digital-web.com/articles/social_media_to_web_content_strategy/

Enterprise CMSes vs. Blog CMSes
http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/archive/2008/06/enterprise-cmses-vs.blog-
cmses

Make government data freely available
http://egovau.blogspot.com/2008/06/make-government-data-freely-available.htm

Reduce Bounce Rates: Fight for the Second Click
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/bounce-rates.html

CSS Positioning Properties At-A-Glance Guide
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/properties-glance-guide

FancyZoom 1.1
http://www.cabel.name/2008/02/fancyzoom-10.html

Spam vs. Accessibility
http://www.joedolson.com/articles/2008/06/spam-vs-accessibility/

html vs css pt3/heading headaches
http://www.onderhond.com/blog/onderhond/html-vs-css-pt3-headings

Is Email In Danger?
http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/is_email_in_danger.php

CSS Nesting Specifics - When CSS Misbehaves
http://css.dzone.com/news/css-nesting-specifics-when-css

SWF searchability FAQ
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/swf_searchability.html?devc
on=f1

Improved Flash indexing
http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/

----------------------------------
WSG AND INDUSTRY EVENTS
----------------------------------

Sydney PHP Group monthly meeting
---------------
Date: 03-Jul-08
City: Sydney (Australia)
The Sydney PHP Group meets every first Thursday of the month, with the
exception of January (holidays).
sydphp.org

Garr Reynold's Presentation Zen
---------------
Date: 04-Jul-08
City: Sydney (Australia)
Presentation Zen (www.presentationzen.com) is the legendary blog
on creating and delivering remarkable presentations. Garr Reynold's
recent book of the same name is now a best-seller, and is being
translated into seven languages. When we found out he was coming to Sydney
for a holiday, we talked him into giving a public presentation. This will be
on 4th of July, and will be the only chance to see him in action in
Australia. Read about the event on Slideshare:
http://www.slideshare.net/jamesr/presentation-zen-comes-to-sydney

Usability week 2008
Date: 21-Jul-08 to 26-Jul-08
City: Melbourne (Australia)