Spamhaus and Spamcop are both good and safe (with regards to false
positives) RBLs. I actually use a hierarchy of half a dozen RBLs with
those two at the top with a high level of trust, and others that only mark
subject lines with a message such as "(possible spam)" which can then be
filtered further as needed.

I use the site listed below to check specific IPs if we're getting
hammered by something to see what RBLs are catching it, and I've adjusted
my RBL list many times over the years as necessary:
http://multirbl.valli.org/lookup/23.104.53.131.html

The Invalument RBL service out of Georgia is extremely good and very fast
at responding and updating their list on the fly.  But unlike the other
RBLs listed here they are not free (I have no relationship with them). You
can also RSYNC their list and run the queries locally if you have a
subscription:
http://www.invaluement.com/

I block .ru, .cz, etc as well.  But only a small fraction of the spam from
IPs in these countries has the country indicators on their ptr names.  So
these don't help much.  What I've started blocking are many of the new top
level domains (TLDs) released that are a godsend to spammers and used for
100% spam, so far as I can tell.  I have the following filtered:

*.accountant
*.asia
*.bid
*.click
*.club
*.cricket
*.date
*.democrat
*.download
*.faith
*.help
*.invoice
*.link
*.loan
*.lol
*.mobi
*.ninja
*.party
*.press
*.racing
*.review
*.rocks
*.science
*.space
*.top
*.trade
*.uno
*.wang
*.webcam
*.website
*.win
*.work
*.xyz

Check your connection logs and you'll find a not insignificant percentage
of your current spam has connections with pointer names using TLDs. As new
ones come online, the spammers move to them up immediately.  So I've had
to expand the list slowly over time.  These bozo TLDs are a scam, a
horrible decision to implement.  Legitimate corporations can no longer
defend their name and these garbage domains will forever be havens for
shady organizations, fraud and spammers.  A topic for another time.

-- Mark