Hello Everyone,

We are currently in the design phase of our upcoming ConfigMgr CB
infrastructure.

We are hosting approximatively 100k clients right now over several Primary
Servers but that is not the question.

We have 3 questions about some process (that might be similar from 2007 but i
can't recall all that i know so i'm asking experts out here):

·         In 2012/CB, what is hosting the Secondary Server database?
o    We were convinced that the Secondary could answer to clients request in
case of a primary server failure for deployments that were known before.
o    Someone told us that it was not the case and that secondary server could
only answer to content location request and that the policy assignements were
transferred to the Primary MP.
o    Is this site still accurate for 2012/CB client to Management Point
communication
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/smsperfguy/2004/08/11/proxy-management-point-benefits-and-otherwise/?
 Or is there another source where i could grab information from about this
issue?

·         Client communication size:
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/configurationmgr/2011/06/06/configuration-manager-2007-r3-sp2-an-explanation-of-server-and-client-communications/
o    Are these information still accurate? If not what have changed?

·         Client communication with MP/PMP
o    When installing the client are contacting their local Management Point (on
secondary) or should have at least one hop on the Primary Server Management
Point?
o    If they go by default to their Primary is there a way to bypass that
behavior (SMSMP or MP switch ?)

Thanks in advance for your answers. We need to convince everyone the absolute
non sense of having several primary and the network flows might be a fighting
point with our hierarchy.

Jérémy SI HASSEN | InepSol | Architecte Configuration Manager, Poste de Travail
et Data Protection Manager | +33 6 63 23 22 11 |
jsihas...@inepsol.com<mailto:jsihas...@inepsol.com>
[btn_in_20x15]Jsihassen on Linkedin<http://fr.linkedin.com/in/jsihassen>