On the Kneeslider.com, the writer is convinced that
Hybrid-electric vehicles as being unnecessary in
different articles.
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2005/10/21/yamaha-gen-ryu-hybrid-in-tokyo/
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2005/12/20/hybrid-motorcycles-are-not-necessary-part-2/
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2005/12/18/yamaha-targets-hybrid-motorcycle-by-decade-end/

I can see some of his points, because lighter is
better.  Why build a big machine like the Gen-Ryu with
the sole goal of being a hybrid when a lighter machine
and good engine can get the same mileage?  My bias is
toward electric vehicles and I think he is missing the
broader point that electric motorcycles are limited in
range and to overcome that limitation a hybrid engine
is an option.

Now granted hydrogen fuel cells are the new thing and
could alleviate the range problem, but I dont see that
infrastructure gonna happen here in the states within
the next 10-20 years.  If we were talking methanol
fuel cells I can see it being used quickly since
methanol can be manufactured from a variety of sources
(coal, biomass, natural gas, wood waste, trash, etc.),
but methanol has the stigma of another form of
gasoline, the MOFC fuel cells release CO2, and there
are health problems from contamination of improperly
stored methanol.  No easy answers, but there never are
when talking alternate fuels.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com