The regen feels nearly identical to engine braking. You can change
this in the controller, but I have it set to apply 20% regen when I
press the former starter button (right thumb) and then have it vary up
to 100% using a regular 0-5K throttle on the left grip (twisting
forwards). 20% is a gentle slow-down (but effective). 100% is almost
like a hard-press on the brakes - it brings me to a near-halt very
quickly. The final ~4 mph of speed must be bled off using the friction
brakes.