Nic,

I think my motor is a new "etek" - but not totally sure. I bought it
from Mars Electric, which is owned and operated by John F. (friendly
and helpful guy BTW) - who used to work for B&S - and ran the
production of the original etek (links can be found at
www.electricmotion.org)

My odometer is at  ~400 miles. I prefer bicycles, so it's been hard to
rack up the miles on the motorcycle! But everything is very solid so
far.

I wouldn't do anything different - except maybe a different DC/DC
converter (I'm told mine is abnormally large, and it appears to be
inefficient - though I don't have a comparison). But it was only $100,
so I can't complain too much.

If I wanted to spend some major cash, I would (in my imaginary world
of infinite funds) find a CBR-RR and use lithium ion batteries.

Best,

-Lennon