new to me anyway ( sorry Derbi is not electric, but I really like it!)

Lunchtime, quick search of the RSS links:

heres a 90 lb electric traction motor with some serious grunt:
http://www.uqm.com/press/news/09-02.html
"...continuous power rating of 45 kW (60 horsepower), delivers peak
torque of 300 N-m (221 ft-lbs) and continuous torque of 160 N-m (118
ft-lbs), and now has the highest peak power density of any of our
propulsion systems. With a diameter of only 280 mm (11 inches) and a
weight of 41 kg (90 lbs)..."
Sounds like its in the performance range of a big Twin. battery-pack is
always the sticking point for cost&weight though.

A new big scooter like the Vectrix only claimed to have a 110 mph top end
http://www.evc-llc.com/Data/Volta%20Brochure%2010-13-07.pdf
NOTE: I don't beleive a word of it, at 100 mph you'd exhaust the pack in
five minutes.
But its a start.

artsy-fartsy meets the computer case model of MC design
http://www.nonobject.com/nUCLEUS/
I need a brain wash after looking at this!

THIS is more like it-
DErived from BIcycle:
Derbi DH2
http://www.autobloggreen.com/gallery/derbi-dh-2-0/801529/

hope this was amusing, what do you guys think of that Derbi?

John