what kind of bike? Got a picture of the swingarm and countershaft sprocket?

master links are ok, but I try to use riveted. Outside of racing the master
links don't come off very often, especially
if you safety wire them or use silicon cement ( aka gorilla snot).

where did you look for chain? $1/link sounds pretty high.

John