Hi everyone,

I just received the email below from Karl Nurse, one of the organizers of
the Pinellas Living Green Expo that will be held on June 16-17 at the
Coliseum in downtown St. Petersburg.  They are wondering if the Florida EAA
would be interesting in exhibiting at the event, which last year had an
attendance of 5,000 people.

This would be a real stretch for me, not impossible, but a real stretch.  I
would need 5 enroute charging stops -- Ft. Pierce, Cocoa, Winter Garden,
Lakeland, and Tampa -- to drive the RAV to St. Petersburg.  So that would
probably take me 3 days just to get there and then 3 days for the return
trip, thus 8 days for the event and round-trip travel time.  So I'll have to
think about that and see whether I can afford to give up that much time for
this one event.  There might be some ancillary benefits and an ulterior
motive for me to make such a trip, namely to get charging stations set up in
Lakeland, Tampa, and St. Petersburg -- in addition to those we already have
up in Cocoa, Orlando, and Winter Garden -- to complete a Central Florida
cross-peninsula charging corridor, linking the east and west coasts.  Again,
it's something I'll have to think about and consider.

There are others of you for whom it would be considerably less onerous to
make the journey to St. Petersburg.  With a 160-mile range on the eBox,
Andrew could make the trip with only two enroute charging stops -- one in
Cocoa and another in Lakeland, which I would imagine could probably be done
in about a day and a half.  And of course Shawn could make the trip in his
plug-in Prius in just 5 hours.  So that is something that the two of you,
Shawn and Andrew, might want to consider.

St. Petersburg is a very progressive and environmentally-conscious city.
Good potential market for you there, Shawn.

If any of you are interested in attending and exhibiting at the St.
Petersburg Living Green Expo, please contact organizer Karl Nurse at the
email address below, and could you also please let me know if you're
planning to go.  If enough people want to do this, that might just inspire
me to make the 8-day trip and work on getting charging stations set up in
Lakeland, Tampa, and St. Petersburg.

By the way, I have the exhibitor application form (pdf) for this event,
which Karl sent me.  Let me know if you want it and I'll email it to you.

Charles Whalen
Florida EAA
Delray Beach, FL
[EMAIL PROTECTED]