The only place we can get them is from GoldPeak.  I know and speak with
GoldPeak's Chairman and have had an intensive series of meetings with
GoldPeak's Chief Battery Engineer (of 30 years).  I have also signed an NDA
with them, which I believe they would require of anyone before they would
give you much information about their batteries, as they don't publish any
detailed specs or information about their batteries on their website.

What you asking is something that I have been working on for a year now and
am continuing to pursue.  It takes a lot of work and deal-making, bringing
people together and trying to sell large commercial interests on the
advantages of NiMH batteries, which some are largely ignorant of and have no
experience with, unlike myself.  This all takes time.  We would have to
piggyback on larger commercial volumes of much bigger players than
ourselves.  That's the only way we will ever be able to get these batteries.
It may be possible by early next year; that's probably at least how long it
will take this one particularly large commercial deal to come together.  But
deep down, my own personal feeling -- knowing the parties involved and some
of the other battery options they're pursuing, and having brokered this
tentative deal myself -- is that I suspect there's probably only about a 20%
chance that this will happen.

So I have already started to think about some other ways to try to generate
some volume through other channels, and even though it would likely be much
smaller volume, it might be just enough to do a deal with GoldPeak, given
what I know of their 18-year history with these batteries and what sorts of
volumes they've previously done.

Getting back to the previous discussion in another, separate thread about
for-profit vs. not-for-profit status and motivations, I have already decided
that whichever way we can generate sufficient volume with GoldPeak for us to
get their batteries, either the former or the latter way I discussed above,
I would make such batteries available at one price -- the same price that I
would be getting, without any markup or commission for myself -- to anyone
who wants them and who, more importantly, has a track record of demonstrated
technical capability and experience to be able to competently integrate
these batteries into a conversion.  (It won't help either GoldPeak or the
stellar reputation of NiMH batteries if someone ends up killing or degrading
GoldPeak's batteries due to their own lack of experience and competence.
GoldPeak has been quite clear about this in my conversations with them.)

I'm not going to go into any more specifics about this in a public forum
like this, but if you want to meet with me in person, I'd be happy to
discuss more details on this up to the limits of what my NDA covers.  I will
be at the Fort Pierce EV Rally this Saturday, April 26.

Yes, Saft does have the battery on their website.  Good luck getting it.
Many others have tried, including much larger commercial players.  But hey,
keep trying.  I'd be interested to learn whatever you find out.

Best regards,

Charles Whalen