-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Al Lococo
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 9:58 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; FLEAA Mailing List
Subject: Re: [FLEAA] interesting Volt article

JP,

Well stated.  If you want to know what GM's intentions are you can look at
what they have done, and I'n not just talking about the EV1.  They  gave us
the Hummer and now the "Green Line"  The Saturn and Malibu with leaking
Cobasyss NiMH batteries are blight on the landscape, giving NiMH a bad name.

The media loves to refer to these cars as Hybrids and compare them to the
Prius.  They are called by GM "Mild Hybrids", still a misnomer.  These cars
never run in all electic mode.  They have a 36 volt battery, shich the media

has been misled to call a 48 volt battery, which is incapable of propulsion.

A real Hybrid gets similar milage in the city as it gets on the highway.
You need only look at the EPA economy figures to see that the "Greeen Line"
is nither a Hybrid in design or economy.

Havein a battery  operated motor to run the A/C while the motor is turned of

at stops, is not a Hybrid, even if it has regen

Worst of all these car qualify  for the federal incentive, buy what logic I
don't know.  Fortunately not many people are buying them.

Is this the best you can do twelve years after the Impact come EV1?  What
else have you got planned for us, GM?

Cheers,
Al Lococo
www.evprogress.org