Thanks, David, for the 3 links on this. Since we are getting our conversion
sometime this week, it helps to know the media and public's reaction to this
happening. Fran, The EVI
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David, FloridaAME
  Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 7:16 PM
  Subject: [FLEAA] prius fire

  Last week I saw a number of article about a Prius fire.

  As I read the articles it appears the problem was probably a marginal
installation and a driver who was not willing to get service when problems
started.

  My concern is a little bad press like this goes a long way with people with
little or no real understanding.

  A battery pack with over 10KW-Hr of power can do a lot of damage unless
excellent design, safety systems, and construction techniques are used.

http://gizmodo.com/5018111/aftermarket-plug+in-prius-battery-causes-balls-of-fire-explosion

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/06/18/converted-plug-in-prius-destroyed-by-fire

  http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601101&sid=aXZxl5AH9nqA&refer=japan

  David Kerzel