I currently am doing a Toyota Truck conversion similar to Bobs at Coastal
Tire.  I just finished the motor adapter plate and motor to transmission
adapter.  I will bring photo's of how I build these plus discuss a few
other builder's designs.  Some people retain a clutch in their
conversions, others do not.  I have built both in the last 10 years.  I
will go over pro's and cons of both designs.  I also will be driving our
twin motor Porsche 944 to this Saturday's meeting.  This car holds the
Nedra 192, 240 (1/4) High School records and 240 (1/8) mile record.  The
car is currently configured to only 156 volts.  I have not had time to
take it to the track at this voltage.  It probably will hold that record
in the future too.  This is a fully streetable car as you can see I will
be driving it from South West Broward to Coastal tire.  This vehicle was
not designed as an extended range vehicle but did run 42 miles at this
years SMARTT Challenge in Raleigh NC.  Mapquest says that is about the
distance from my house to Coastal tire, I hope its not 43.   See you all
Saturday.

Lowell Simmons, Instructor
Automotive Service Technology
Miramar High School