Happy to see a few new faces at the meeting Saturday. For those that missed
it heres a few things that went on.

The USF Van was dead, sorry to say.  Jim Parish noticed the charger was
missing parts, the motor controller was a mess, and the battery pack was dry
and most likely dead.  The batteries could take a charge but wouldnt hold
much capacity.

This is a crying shame that so much money and time went into the van and it
had to end up this way.  We have heard of more EVs at other universities
that are going to go the same way.  They are all sitting out in the elements
destined to become scrap.  Ill try to get some names and addresses of those
in charge of the EVs and ask if we can help in keeping these EVs alive.

Jim's Prius was there and he had some great ideas of turning battery
chargers into a type of BMS and or range extender for the Prius.

We decided that we will be an official sub chapter of FLEAA for the west
coast.  But instead of being the West Coast Chapter, we decided to be named
the Suncoast EVA.

I would like to thank all of you for allowing me, Michael Clark, to be the
regional director.  As time goes on I hope to be able to do what we did in
Sarasota and meet with more city and county commissioners and get them to at
least join the plug in partners, http://www.pluginpartners.org/.

This is an exciting time for EVs.  As we hold more meetings and get more
members the word will spread that electric cars are not a dream, but a
reality.

The South West Coast Chapter of FLEAA will be meeting August 16th at the
Fruitville Road Library in Sarasota.
John Batchelder PE is putting together an agenda for the August 16th meeting
at the Fruitville Road Public Library (10:00 am). John has reserved a
meeting room that can seat 80 people in air conditioned comfort. This room
also has a full kitchen. For those of you arriving via I-75, The Library is
about 3/4ths of a mile east of the Fruitville Road Exit (# 210) on the South
side of Fruitville. The entrance to the parking lot is from Cobern Road.

John would like to hear from Anyone that has some EV ideas and interest for
this meeting. John will contact Steve Walters (owner) of Alternative Auto of
Sarasota to see about recharging any EVs at Steve's shop (which is about a
mile away from the library). There is space at the East end of the parking
lot to showcase our EVs.