From: listserv-boun...@floridaeaa.org
[mailto:listserv-boun...@floridaeaa.org] On Behalf Of Steven Talcott Smith
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 10:51 AM
To: FLEAA Mailing List
Subject: Re: [FLEAA] Current EV Companies

Thanks.  It's an old standby on the Internet.  Someone wanders into a
forum and basically says, "I have a research paper due on such and
such, please send me all the information you have."  Yeah, right.

What's clear from my casual research is that hundreds of companies are
involved in building EVs --  Everyone from hobbyists to the biggest
global manufacturers. You could spend many hours putting information
together.  In fact, you could probably hire a couple MBAs to google
around and produce a nice piece of research for a few tens of thousands.

Chances are this guy just wants a top 5.

American
- Tesla
- Aptera
- Zap
- ??
- Medium 3 / Detroit

Chinese
- BYD
- ?? crazy unheard of brands

Japanese
- All of them probably

Europeans
- All of them probably

There are probably some Indian companies and maybe even a Brazilian
company or two who knows?

The most interesting stuff is happening on the low end with scooters
out of China in my opinion.  Revolutions happen from the bottom up.
In this space it's hard to tell who is making them but the batteries
and motors are coming along quickly.

Steven