Looked at program schedule. Will there still be vehicles on display on Sunday ?

-----Original Message-----
From: listserv-boun...@floridaeaa.org [mailto:listserv-boun...@floridaeaa.org]
On Behalf Of montreal73
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 4:17 PM
To: FLEAA Mailing List
Subject: [FLEAA] Battery Beach 2009

Good news. Bad news
Let me get the bad news out of the way first.The Electric Imp will not be
running at Battery Beach Burnout this year. We have been hard at work with a
total refurbishment of the Electric Imp trying to incorporate all the
lessons we have learned over the last few years of racing an electric car.
We are raising the motor's continuous power rating by improving cooling. We
are changing our gearing to increase low end acceleration. We are revamping
the battery pack to hold, cool and protect the cells better. These tasks, as
well as cleaning, checking and lightening every part we can is time
consuming but we need to do them right.
While I am disappointed that I will not be driving the Electric Imp to
defend it's record winning ever Battery Beach Burnout autocross so far, I
will be at Battery Beach. Thanks to Palm Beach Toyota, I will be piloting a
2009 Toyota Camry in the Hybrid division. The Toyota is a solid and powerful
car and should do well.
This year's Battery Beach will be a full weekend. Friday night there will be
an informal drag racing gathering at the newly reopened Palm Beach
International Raceway. http://racepbir.com/. Matt Graham will be out there
with a Kokam lithium polymer batteries /AC Propulsion powered Porsche 911.
Shawn Lawless is planning to be there with a rail dragster mounting four 9
inch motors and 4 Zilla 2K controllers. Lowell Simmons will bring the
Miramar 924 Porsche. Everyone is welcome. Gates open at 6 PM. The track
charges $30 to race and $15 to spectate.
All other events will be at FAU. Direction here:
http://wise.fau.edu/jupiter/about-fau/campusmap-directions.php
Saturday events include a Show and Shine, a scooter cross and an
electrathon. The schedule is here:
http://floridaeaa.org/modules/content/index.php?id=9
Sunday will be the autocross with both Electric and Hybrid divisions.
For a little inspiration, we have posted the Electric Imp's in-car video
from BBB 2008 on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElectricImp
See you there!
Cliff Rassweiler
www.ProEV.com