I think Monte Hampsher for Lee County High Tech Central will be interested in the car to help start his electric car Program. TED

From: "Lowell L. Simmons" <lowell.simm...@browardschools.com>
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 11:02 AM
To: <m...@jouleinjected.com>
Subject: Re: [FLEAA] free glider

Matt Graham called me yesterday as I was returning from the SMARTT
Challenge (Students Making Advancements in Renewable Transportation
Technologies) letting me know about this vehicle.  We just happened to be
at exit 191 on our way back to Miramar with our Electric Porsche on the
trailer behind us.  My students were all excited in the possibility of
building another car next year.  We called Mr Wagner, he graciously asked
us if we would like to stop by and look the car over since he was just
down the road at exit 176.  We did just that.  We are really excited in
building another car with new advancements in this one.  I did tell Mr
Wagner if another school just wanting to get into a program approached
him,  I would graciously step aside and let them take the challenge (My
students said boo since they want to advance, but whatever comes out will
be good for all)  I am getting back with him later this week to make
arrangements or see if someone else is interested.  And by the way we
competed against schools from North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and
Iowa.  We brought home a second place trophy in vehicle design, second
place in vehicle range (not bad for a car set up for speed, our student
maximized the 156 volts of 5 year old exide orbital batteries), 2nd place
in troubleshooting ( students found 2 faults in a car in 3 minutes and 56
seconds, the winning team finished in 3 minutes and 32 seconds) and 3rd
place overall for an entire years worth of activities we completed from
attending events, to making posters contacting sponsors, our television
program on Forcast Earth etc.  The winning team from West Wilkes High
School in North Carolina logged over 4000 hours of work with their 2
vehicles from appearances to other promotional events.  We are already
gearing up for next year.

Lowell Simmons, Instructor
Automotive Service Technology
Miramar High School
754.323.1422

Electric Vehicle Website
www.miramarev.com

The School Board of Broward County, Florida expressively prohibits
bullying, including cyberbullying, by or towards any student or employee.
See Policy 5.9: Anti-Bull