Sent: Monday, June 01, 2009 1:16 PM
Subject: Re: [FLEAA] Not EV related-Energy Secretary wants us to paint our roofs white. Makes sense.

Greetings,
As someone who just had his roof redone in WHITE (from dark red)....I can testify that a reflective roof really does make a difference. We seem to be saving between $20 and $30 per month on our electric bill. We also have solar panels. But solar panels do not cover the entire roof, unless you spend a lot of money. So a white roof still make sense, and should pay for themselves in savings in just a few years (unlike solar).
Allan Miller

Michael Clark wrote:
instead of painting them white with reflective paint put solar panels...
dont try to reflect heat back out into space, harness it.

then we can charge our EVs from it..  just made it EV related