I am currently in the  process of preparing and installing MOSS 2007.  I
am at the stage of preparing a server for installation.

I have only been give one server

DELL 2950 4GB RAM

2 X Quad-Core Intel Xeon 5300 sequence processors
2  X 3.5-inch SAS (15k rpm): 73GB (Raid 1 configuration)
3  X 3.5-inch SAS (15k rpm):146GB (Raid 5)

I am wondering if anyone can give me advice or direction on best
practice for disk setup.  This is my plan -

C Drive -1st Drive partition -  System and Program Files - Program Files
- MOSS 2007, MSSQL 2005

D drive -2nd Drive partition -  3rd Drive partition -  MOSS databases.

I am not that familiar with MSSQL 2005 - Can I have databases stored on
D drive or does it default to drive it is installed on.

What do I need to plan for backup and log files.  Any assistance would
be appreciated.

Peter Milliner

Intranet administrator

Information Technology and Communications Unit

Bendigo Regional Institute of TAFE

This email is intended for the recipient only. It may contain
confidential or sensitive information which should not be passed on to
unauthorised persons. Views expressed in this email are the author's own
and form no basis for any contractual obligation by Bendigo Regional
Institute of TAFE, nor do they imply a formal endorsement by the
Institute of those views.