From: Peter Milliner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, 8 August 2007 10:23 AM
To: listserver@ozmoss.com <listserver@ozmoss.com>
Subject: [OzMOSS] Regional Settings

Hi all,

I have just completed install of SharePoint 2007 while it seems to be running
fine – I have a couple of issues I have not been able to find answers for:

1.        Even though server is set to regional settings (Australia).  The
central administration is showing US date format.  I have set regional settings
for Site collection but under
Central administration > Site settings  there is no option for this.

2.       Server has been running fine but on restart there seems to be a
problem with services associated with SQL server 2005 not starting.  See event
log entries below –
Services start fine manually and once started SharePoint runs fine until next
restart.

1st ERROR (Repeats several times) - Volume Shadow Copy Service error:
Unexpected error LookupAccountName( NULL, DOMAIN\SPSearch, NULL, p, NULL, p,
p).  hr = 0x800706fd.

2nd ERROR Unknown SQL Exception 2 occured. Additional error information from
SQL Server is included below.

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When
connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that
under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
(provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL
Server)

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Regards
Peter Milliner
Information Technology and Communications Unit
Bendigo Regional Institute of TAFE