You can make them unindexed. But that would make them unsearchable.
I would propose a custom javascript solution that you would embed on the aspx
page, that would look for the controls and remove the link.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Crabbe, David
Sent: Friday, 29 February 2008 3:49 PM
To: listserver@ozMOSS.com
Subject: RE: [OzMOSS] RE: User Profile Properties - preventing click-through on
Profile page

I'm pretty sure that clearing the Preferred Search Centre option on My Site
settings would affect all the User Profile Properties rather than just the
couple that the client wants to be affected though.  I was just wondering if
there existed a clean option the applies to each property individually.

Thanks,
David.