Greetings and Salutations,

Welcome to the second newsletter for the Adelaide SharePoint User Group.

Woaha! We have a lot of topics to cover!

Firstly.......

Adelaide SharePoint User Group - March Networking Event

The Adelaide SharePoint User group is proud to announce and invite you to
the Networking event on the evening of 18th of March, 2008. Come along to
the Pasta Palace and network with other likeminded people in a social
environment.

.         When: March 18, 2008 @ 6:30PM

.         Where: The Pasta Palace

.         Address: 100 Hindley Street, Adelaide

.         Phone: 08 8231 9500

.         URL: http://www.pastapalace.com.au/

For more information, please contact Keith Zerna on 0414 281 701 or email
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with "[ASPUG]" in the subject.

To read the Official Media Release, please click here
<http://www.sharepointusers.org.au/Adelaide/Shared%20Documents/ASPUG%20-%20M
arch%20Event%20Media%20Release.pdf> .

Mike Duhne, Brach Manager of Microsoft in South Australia will be in
attendance, which will give you a networking opportunity to meet Mike along
with other key figures of the industry showing their support for the
Adelaide SharePoint User group as well as the committee.

ASPUG - MOSIG Website

The Adelaide SharePoint User group site, located at
http://www.sharepointusers.org.au/Adelaide is up and running, check it out &
Sign up!

Adelaide SharePoint User Group - April Meeting - when and where

The last few weeks has seen the committee organise the agenda, presenters
and speakers for the next 6 monthly meetings, with the first to occur on
15th of April, 2008.

.         Where: Microsoft Innovation Centre

.         Address: Level 2, Westpac House, King William Street, Adelaide

.         When: April 15th @ 5:30PM

With April's being the first official meeting complete with presenters, we
have an information packed evening planned.

The Agenda

.         5:45 PM- Arrive, Social Networking with Drinks and Nibbles'.

Arrive, relaxing, have a drink and something to eat before getting started
with the evenings events.

.         6:15 PM - Welcome, Introductions and Announcements - Daniel Brown
(Hostworks)

Daniel Brown will be talking on the Adelaide SharePoint User group and
welcoming everyone as well as introducing the committee members.

He will also outline the strategy and paths of the User group as well as
future presentations and a major announcement for the Month of May!

.         6:55 PM - Door Prize Draw: Halo 2 (PC Version)

.         7:00 PM - SharePoint Custom Fields - Paul Turner (SDM)

Learn about built in field types in SharePoint and how to create your own
new field types.

Paul will be showing how to create fields using features, CAML and how to
create totally custom fields in .NET.

.         8:00 PM - Close or continued Social Networking over coffee

Join attendees and committee members across the road at Arturo Taverna and
discuss any more advanced questions or topics in a relaxed environment over
a hot cup of coffee!

For more information, please contact Daniel Brown on 0419 804 099 or email
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with "[ASPUG]" in the subject.

Lastly....

I'd like to take a moment to thank Jenna Savann, Finula Crowe, Leigh
Cresswell, Penny Maxwell, Roger Lawrance, Ian Palangio and Mike Duhne from
Microsoft, who have all supported ASPUG from the beginning. Thank you all!

I'd also like to single out Jenny Savann who has donated the door prizes for
ASPUG meetings!

Finally a large thank you to the community who has been patient with the
ASPUG committee while we were getting things organised.

We look forward to seeing you on March 18th 2008 at the Pasta Palace!

P.S Keep an eye for the "What's happening in the world of SharePoint" email,
which contains a whole host of information and useful links of what has been
happening over the last week or 2, and what is planned. It won't be far
behind!

Daniel Brown

Adelaide SharePoint User Group

Website: http://www.aspug.com.au <http://www.aspug.com.au/>