From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Prior, David
Sent: Thursday, 13 March 2008 10:30 AM
To: listserver@ozMOSS.com
Subject: [OzMOSS] Timer Tasks not running

Hi,

I'm experiencing some very slow executions of Timer Tasks that are created by
MOSS during the initial configuration of the farm and the starting of services.
 These are not custom tasks.

On one farm they run within a minute, but on the other farm they seem to take
anywhere from an hour to lots longer (I left it running overnight and the task
still hasn't run). They are all scheduled as "One-time" tasks.  I can see in
the Timer definitions that things are running, it's just not picking up the
"one-time" tasks.

Is there a way to "kick off" the tasks. This is holding up my efforts for
configuring the farm and getting everything running since I have to wait for
the tasks to run before I can complete the next stage.

My topology is all 64bit hardware running Win 2003 server and SQL 2005.

1 x Index Server
2 x WFE (Query)
2 x SQL (clustered)

Any help would be appreciated.