Hi Aaron,

By chance has the users domain account recently been
deleted/restored/recreated.

We had the same problem and it was due to the active directory account
being deleted.

However, because the user had not used MySite previously, the solution
was to nuke the MySite Site Collection for that user (although they
never used it, they did go to it once and thus one was created)., so
this may not be the solution your after if you want to preserve the
content.

Cheers,

Daniel