So which would be better in my case content deploy or stsadm tool export
import?

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Alpesh Nakar
Sent: Tuesday, 22 April 2008 1:27 PM
To: listserver@ozmoss.com
Subject: Re: [OzMOSS] Moving site content

Likewise! That's some news! :-)

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Sezai KOMUR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

        Wow! I was not aware of this  -

        Be aware that backup/restore of MOSS content databases between
server farms are not fully supported! Official documentation of this
support limitation is currently in the works. The supported way to
transfer content between server farms is to use STSADM -o export/import
or content deployment. Backup/restore is only supported for the same
server farm.

        So the only fully supported manner of transferring content
between farms is STSADM -o export/import or content deployment

        ... I've been using SQL Backup/Restore OR STSADM -o
backup/restore all this time