You can add any of the fields to a view based on their internal name. For
example, the internal name of the field for the documents icon is "DocIcon" and
the correct field to use for the title field with the edit menu is
"LinkFilename".

If you are unsure what the internal name of a field is that you want to use a
view, you can try this - build the view in SharePoint and then go to the
'modify this view' page. Then with the IE Dev Toolbar (or firebug if you are a
fix fox user) select the check box for the field you need the internal name of.
You will see that it has an onclick attribute that will look like this
"javascript:ShowHideTotals(this, 'LinkFilename')". The internal name for the
field the checkbox corresponds to is the second parameter in the JavaScript
function.

I hope that helps

Brian Farnhill
Consultant
Technical Consulting

Mobile:   0408 289 303
Fax:      02 8001 7778
Email:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Web:     www.uniqueworld.net<http://www.uniqueworld.net>