I thought I'd post an update to a previous issue...

Some of you may recall the problem I was having last week with users
being unable to edit content on an internet-facing WSS site.  The
symptoms were that editing list items, or web part pages, causes a "The
page cannot be displayed" error when the change is committed.  This
effected some pages and list items and not others.

It turns out that the firewall on the host's network is using a module
that checks traffic for suspected SQL injection attacks.  Unfortunately
it appears that editing some HTML or XSL within the site causes the
firewall to block the request, hence the "The gateway or proxy server
lost connection to the Web server" being experienced by users.

I'm now wondering if anyone else has encountered a similar issue with
editing content across the internet... meanwhile I'll be pursuing a
change in the firewall rule.

Thanks to those who offered help the first time round.
David.

David Crabbe

Consultant

Asia-Pacific Web Solutions Centre

Fujitsu Australia Ltd

T: +61 8 9268 1505

E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This is an email from Fujitsu Australia Limited, ABN 19 001 011 427. It is
confidential to the ordinary user of the email address to which it was
addressed and may contain copyright and/or legally privileged information. No
one else may read, print, store, copy or forward all or any of it or its
attachments. If you receive this email in error, please return to sender. Thank
you.

If you do not wish to receive commercial email messages from Fujitsu Australia
Limited, please email [EMAIL PROTECTED]