From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michael Nemtsev [EMAIL
PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 16 September 2008 2:26 PM
To: listserver@ozmoss.com
Subject: [OzMOSS] SSP "Search Setting" exception

I have the following SharePoint topology (layers from up to down)

Intranet Users
ISA1
WFE/APP servers
ISA2
SQLServers + IndexServer turned on

I got the following secure exception when I click "Search Settings" in SSP site.

w3wp.exe (0x1ABC)                        0x1C50 Search Server Common
MS Search Administration       86ze High     Exception caught in Search Admin
web-service proxy (client). System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection
was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException:
Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.
    at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32
readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)     at
System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer,
AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)     at
System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken
message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)     at
System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count,
AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)     at
System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean r...

Well.. I tried the following
1) Open everything on ISA2 especially ports 56737 and 56738
2) I dont use SSL
3) Index folder locates on one of SQL Server boxes and I granded the full righs
on this folder for SSP user
4) Tried to use ProcMon tool to check what w3wp.exe is calling, but found no
exeptions there

What else could be wrong?!

Michael Nemtsev
Readify |  Senior Developer | Microsoft MVP
T: 0424 184 978 | E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>