G'day Mike,

No, there's nothing like that in place in this one.  Good suggestion
though.  It was working alright in the 2nd half of last week which is
interesting as it seems to have sprung out of nowhere.

I've now restored the site back to the original URL and it's working
again.  However in doing this I had a couple of other problems;

1                     I chose to use a SP Designer .cmp backup type to
preserve list item ownership (the alternative was a .stp which assigns
the site creator as the owner of all list items), however I had to
recreate all workflows in the site.  Once the restore was complete the
workflows did exist, but when I opened the .xoml in Designer, list field
references appeared as GUIDs.  Is this normal?  Backup/restore from/to
same server

2                     A discussion board on the site restored only
initial thread posts and did not import any of the replies.  I then
restored the .cmp to another fresh site on the server and all the
replies were there so I deleted the original site and restored it back
there once more to find no replies on that board.  Very strange.  I bit
the bullet and imported the discussion board as a template which brought
the replies with it, and assigned me the owner.  Anyone see any logic to
this curse?

Chris