From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul Noone
Sent: Monday, 20 October 2008 11:29 AM
To: listserver@ozMOSS.com
Subject: [OzMOSS] Subsite directory structure

Something I've been wondering but can't find an answer to.

Can anyone explain why subsites (not site collections) have a _catalogs
directory which appears distinct from the root site but can't actually be used?

Scenario: You can create new master pages and store them in the masterpage
directory but they cannot be applied to the site through Site Settings.

I know the approved method for this is to store them all in the root site but
I'm stumped as to why there is a _catalogs directory for subsites in the first
place.

Just wondering. :)