I too back your request for Bitmap manipulation in SilverLight 1.1.
..... I have a swag of desktop applications that I would love to port
over to SilverLight that does image manipulation (like thumb generation,
image manipulation & saving etc). I've raised this in the
silverlight.net forums too..

I really hope they listen!

Ps. I somehow think it may not be possible in terms of performance and
browser security but I'll let the silverlight guru's tell me that!

Level 10, Hilton

255 Pitt Street

Sydney   NSW   2000
Tel:      61 2 9994 7446