Brian,

Something we have talked about a number of times is a OSGeo-Live workshop, targeted at OSGeo newbies. Select ~ 8 or so quickstarts and walk through them.

It would be a reasonable amount of work to get it set up, but I think would be valuable and well received if it were to be set up. (You will see from my last email that the FOSS4G LOC had identified OSGeo-Live as a project they'd like to see a workshop from.)

Cheers, Cameron